August 01, 2008
ONLINE RESOURCES - http://www.iowaaeaonline.org
Students and teachers throughout southwest Iowahave access to six dynamic online resources provided by Loess Hills Area Education Agency 13. These educational resources enhance lessons and provide an unparalleled collection of materials to help students complete projects, research or homework via the Internet. The resources below may be found at http://www.iowaaeaonline.org and may be used at school and from home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These resources are already filtered, safe sites for students.
• World Book Online includes all articles from the 22-volume print set plus thousands of new and historic online-only articles. Continuously updated, World Book Online is rated as the best encyclopedia in School Library Journal’s annual review of electronic encyclopedias.
• EBSCOhost Online provides thousands of magazine articles and images for students and educators. This online resource provides excellent coverage of such topics as science, health, multicultural issues, music, politics, history and geography. Magazine articles even have reading level indicators to assist in finding text of appropriate reading levels.
• Accunet/AP Multimedia Archive is the most extensive online collection of copyright-released multimedia materials available. For all grade levels, it includes over 750,000 Associated Press photos dating back to the 1840s, over 700,000 Associated Press news articles, over 500,000 searchable audio clips dating back to the 1920s, and thousands of informative AP graphics.
• Atomic Learning is an online help desk and training system for computer applications. Atomic Learning breaks down favorite software programs into fast-loading tutorials played right over the Internet.
• Clipart.com is a collection of over 2.5 million searchable clip art objects, including photos, images, fonts and sounds that may be used in teacher-created and student-created instructional materials.
AccuWeather Premium Weather Service is a customized and accurate weather information resource for every location on Earth. Students have instant access to current conditions, 15-Day forecasts, satellites, and real-time local doppler radar.
For more information about these resources contact Mrs. Sanders, Media Specialist, at 385-8131. Usernames and passwords are the same for all databases for easy access.